Shoe cabinet with doors?
If you are looking for “Shoe Cabinet with doors” I guess you don’t want a shoe rack which is usually a stack of shelves. You want a shoe cabinet that can hide shoes, but you are not sure what type of options are available? If that is the case, here I will show you what kind of shoe cabinet with doors are out there and their pros and cons.
1) Regular door
You can use regular cabinets with doors to store shoes. The cabinet that is suitable for shoe storage should have the following features:
- Not too tall: If the cabinet is the right hight (usually two to three shelves) you can put decorations or keys on top of it, especially if you want to put the cabinet at the entryway. However, the tall cabinet sometimes can be useful too if you want more space to store the seasonal shoe in a few higher shelves.
- Louver door or Slatted door: Slatted door provides ventilation to avoid the smell.
- Adjustable shelves: If you want to store boots in the cabinet, adjustable shelves can be a big help. You can store the boots upright.
In addition to that, check the shelf spacing and shelf depth. If your cabinet has a wide gap between shelves, you can try the item such as Shoe Slotz to double the space.
The cabinet that has such features is Furniture of America Laires 5-Shelf Enclosed Shoe Cabinet that is also shown in the picture above.
- Different styles, colors and sizes are available.
- Can’t store many shoes.
2) Tilt-out type
When you search “shoe cabinet with doors” you would either find a regular cabinet or tilt-out type. Tilt-out type is the cabinet that there are two or three compartments of shoe storage when you pull the door. You may have seen it somewhere because Ikea has this type of shoe cabinet. (the picture above is the Ikea Hemnes)
- Space-saving. Most are slim AND holds more pairs of shoes than the same size as the regular cabinet.
- Assembly is not easy.
- Inside the cabinet tends to be messy.
If you want to know more about this type of cabinet, you can see the review of this type of shoe cabinet here.
3) Sliding Door
The sliding door is commonly used in Japan (not only as a cabinet door but also in the closet door), I think one of the reasons is that the house is smaller in Japan. Regardless, I like the sound of the sliding door and its style :-). If you love Asian-looking furniture, you may want to check out the sliding door style at “Getabako Japanese Style Shoe Storage”
- It fits well to the space that you don’t have the space to open the door.
- Not many choices are available.
4) Shoe Locker
You may associate Shoe Locker with a school or gym, but having a shoe locker in your home may be a fun addition!
- Unique. Different.
- The style is limited. Not versatile.
Check this blog to see if you find the shoe locker you like!
Lastly, if you want to explore different options, check this blog “what type of shoe storage is right for you” to see what kind is available!